Saturday, October 23, 2010

Friendship and Motherhood

I'm so thankful my mom was able to visit us a few weeks ago!  She was originally going to come to WA shortly after our stuff was unloaded but... life happens and plans had to change.  We had a great time having her visit as our first official guest!  David and I were both excited to show her around town a bit and also do some exploring with her, but again... life happens and the weather put a a little damper on our plans so we snuggled up inside with Norah and relaxed a lot!  It actually works best to just lay low sometimes because of the baby girl.
We did some decorating of our house, David and I went on a date (!!!!!!!!!!!!!), cooked a little, showed her around the AF base, hit up a bookstore, coffee shop, Costco, World Market and did a little walking when we had a nice few hours outside.  Needless to say, we had a blast having her and miss her company!
It's such a blessing for both David and myself to have awesome mothers who we now count as friends.  I look forward to the day when Norah feels this way toward me, that will be such a joy.  But first I have to be her parent!!

No comments:


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...