Saturday, December 12, 2009

Home, Sweet Home

Thank you all for your prayers, care packages, thoughts and emails while I was in Iraq. I really appreciate it. I know that your prayers paid off and that God was watching over my colleagues and me during my time there. Please continue to pray for those that are over there still. It was an incredible feeling to walk off that plane and greet my beautiful wife and meet my precious daughter. However, it pains me to know that many servicemen and women did not have the opportunity to walk off a plane to their loved ones. While I was deployed, 298 US military personnel were killed in action (55 in Iraq, 243 in Afghanistan), and many more were injured. Please keep those families in your thoughts and prayers during this Christmas season. Thanks again for your support (to both Kelly and me) during these last 6 months....it's great to be back!

1 comment:

Terri said...

Those are such hard and sad things to hear, David, especially during the holiday season. We're so glad you are home but will keep everyone in our thoughts.


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...