Thursday, July 4, 2013

creation.

This spring and summer I've been having a blast with creation!  I have started to learn about the gift of planting, growing and enjoying flowers and a garden.  Throughout the last year I've come to love my 5 orchids and since the weather has warmed I've moved that into the wonderful yard we've been blessed with.


From the balcony of our room, looking over part of our yard!
Italian lavender (otherwise known as sage!), a bulb from Holland that is started to bloom and a plant that's already lost all it's flowers.
Beauty. 
My first garden is growing!!!!!  What an amazing thing to watch it come to life from the seed.
Now, to tackle all those UGLY slugs we have...
We have red onion, green onion, broccoli, peppers, basil, parsley, and 4 different kinds of lettuce. 
I never want to forget the beauty of our yard. This is the corner window to our living room.  Under the roof is a beautiful red grape vine, on the left a LOT of bamboo and through the gate is Wrigley and our patio which leads to the yard.
Another new found joy, knitting. I'm working on my first sweater and it's brought some frustration but hopefully in the end the pretty yarn will turn into a cardigan that actually fits me!

No comments:


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...