Thursday, March 19, 2009

My Kid Could Paint That

Have you ever heard of Marla Olmstead?
Me neither.

We rented the documentary My Kid Could Paint That and were very interested in this child genius! Marla was four when the documentary was made, she is now nearly nine years old. She has been painting since she was two and selling her paintings for thousands of dollars! The documentary really piqued my interest and I've been reading up on Marla online since we finished it. The documentary deals with the hoax that 60 Minutes brought up that Marla's dad must be helping her paint. If you are interested in documentaries or child prodegies I would reccomend this documentary. You can decide for yourself if Marla paints with help or without! You can see more of Marla on her website here!

If you are not going to watch the documentary or if you already have I would also reccomend reading this article partially written by Marla's father.

The painting at the top of the post is one of hers that I love. It's called Mosquito Bite.

No comments:


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...