Friday, September 4, 2009

Al Faw Palace

Here are some pictures of my colleagues and me at Al Faw Palace---one of Saddam's former palaces. It was immaculate. It was built by him in 1991 in honor of his soldiers that regained the Port of Al Faw from the Iranians in the 1984 Iran-Iraq war. All over the walls inside is written, "Victory and glory to the warriors who freed the city from the enemy, the persians." We, of course, have control of it now, but will soon be giving it back to the government of Iraq, I'm sure.
Wendy and Bryan (the most impressive mustache of all)
Sitting on Saddam's throne that was given to him by Yaser Arafat.
Outide of the Palace. Don't worry, the nastiness on my upper lip is no longer.

2 comments:

Blomgrens said...

I love it when you post pictures!!! Thanks D.

Terri said...

I just have missed this post. So strange to see you in all these places that Heussein was in (however you spell that name.) But weirdest of all is the mustache! Maybe you could bring home that throne to have in the baby's room-you know, instead of a rocking chair!


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...