Sunday, August 24, 2008

The Jump

I've always wanted to skydive....so when the opportunity to skydive for $15 came around, I was all over it. The Chaplain's office on base sponsored this morale boosting trip, and a few of us from the legal office went. There were probably 60 of us total. Anyways, it was a great time...we went up to Denver and jumped with Mile Hi Skydiving. Check out this video from their website.

It actually wasn't as scary as I thought it would be. Having a man strapped to my back was probably the scariest part. Actually, walking up to the door and making myself jump out of a moving airplane was quite scary. But the freefall, which lasted about 50 seconds, was incredible. You don't get the rollercoaster stomach feeling, which is weird. After we pulled the ripcord, we did some twirls and got up to 2 Gs, which was more of a stomach-wrenching experience, but also very exciting. Overall, it was a great experience and I would do it again in a heartbeat (especially if its $15).

On the ride to the plane.

Getting ready to land.
Jeremy and his fam.
Legal team represents!

No comments:


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...