Saturday, August 23, 2008

Shane & Shane

Last night we went to a beautiful concert/worship thing with Shane & Shane.  If you don't know who they are you should get to know them!  They are two amazing artist who have written so many beautiful love songs to Jesus.  I don't know how to post a song from them but I'll let David help me do that later (or you can click on their names above)!
It was a really beautiful concert in many ways.  First, it was at the Navigators headquarters here in Colorado Springs and the concert was held in a castle!  Second, it was a very intimate setting with only six rows of people across the room.  Third, they write beautiful music!  Forth, we ran into someone we've met before!  She didn't have anyone she came with so she joined us! The headquarters is nestled right amongst the Garden of the Gods and it's just beautiful there with all the jutting out red rocks.

The one thing that got super frustrating about the night was the people in front of us.  Now, don't get me wrong... I think affection is beautiful when used in the right context and in the appropriate amount.  But, the couple in front of me where literally petting each others heads, scratching each other's back and rubbing each other's shoulders... the whole concert!!  Why!?!?!  I was getting so annoyed I had to leave the room one time to refocus so I could enjoy myself.  I honestly don't mean to offend anyone but, it's like when you're at church and that annoying couple in front of you act like they can't wait to get home and attack each other!  Also, the guy was obsessed with his iPhone and took either video or pictures for the first hour.  I understand liking a band but when it comes to the point of ruining and obstructing someone else's view ect. it needs to stop.  Man, this generation needs to get a grip!
Okay, I'm done ranting.  I really did enjoy the evening but those few things were just a little over the top for me.
Look for David's next post... it will be pictures of something he is doing literally right now that is adventurous, dangerous and totally up his ally.  We'll be excited to share!

3 comments:

David and Bethany said...

Ooohhh...I love Glen Eyrie!! They have a wonderful Christmas madrigal dinner that you should check out. Also, when my best friend came to visit us in Colo. Springs, she & I went to a formal tea in the castle. You would love doing that with your mom and sis! It is such a special place!

Amy said...

i CANNOT believe that you went to a Shane and Shane concert and didn't tell me about it. I LOOOOVE them and haven't seen them in concert since I lived in CA. Friends OFF. :)

andrew said...

What is it about Shane and Shane concerts??? Courtney and I have been to two of their shows and each time there's someone incredibly distracting in front of us. I just had to laugh when I read your post... hilarious (but oh so sad at the same time!).

Yeah, so both times we saw them the peeps in front of us were singing so loud to EACH AND EVERY SONG that we couldn't even really hear Shane and Shane... oh well, I guess you just have to laugh it off!

Miss you guys!


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...