Sunday, April 17, 2011

not a taco pizza

A few weeks ago my friend posted a recipe for Black Bean Pizza!  I asked her if I could share her family recipe for Taco Pizza on the blog since it was so good and she said -yes, as long as you don't call it "taco pizza" - oops!

Here's my fancy picture and her yummy recipe!

Crust:
Dissolve 2 teaspoons yeast in 1 c. warm water (let soften a few minutes)
Add:
*1 teaspoon sugar
*1 teaspoon salt
*2 Tablespoons oil
*2 cups white flour
*1/2 c. whole wheat flour

Knead a few minutes, then rest a short time (15 minutes)
Roll out and bake @ 425 degrees for five minutes before adding the sauce & toppings

Sauce:
In food processor or blender combine:
*one can black beans, rinsed and drained
*3 Tablespoons olive oil
*2 Tablespoons chopped, fresh cilantro (or more!)
*1 teaspoon cumin
*1 teaspoon hot red pepper sauce
*1/2 teaspoon minced garlic

Spread bean mixture on pre-baked pizza crust. Add the following toppings:
*small can sliced olives, drained
*1/2 c. or more diced red bell pepper
*1/4 c. sliced green onions
*8 oz. jack/cheddar blend cheese

Bake at 425 degrees for 7-12 more minutes. Serve with sour cream and salsa!

2 comments:

Markus J said...

Yum! this sounds good. I don't think I'm ambitious enough to make the dough so I'll get some from Whole Foods which is superdelish.

Dena said...

Oh my goodness - this looks amazing!!! We'll have to try this soon.


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...