Friday, January 14, 2011

the great 28.

Yesterday was a GREAT day!  I turned 28 and I'm proud of it :)  My day was close to perfect and I just thought I would share.  The greatness started the night before when I arrived home from a Norwex party to find a post-it from the hubs.  It said something like this...

Happy Birthday Kel
reason #23 [there ended up being 28!]
I love your laugh and smile. I love it when you are happy and talk a lot [really!?].  I love it when you find me funny even when I'm not.

Throughout my day yesterday I found post-it notes alllll over the house telling me why my husband loves me and is thankful for me!  I mean c'mon, is there a better gift than encouragement?  I love being encouraged and David gets that I need that.

Besides all the love on the notes, I spent my day playing with Norah, sewing, reading and just loving life and being grateful for where I'm at in it.  Last night we had home group and David snuck a cake in there and I felt celebrated and encouraged again!

God is good all the time but it's days like yesterday where I recognize more easily His overflowing goodness in the everyday things.  I hope today is a day like that for you!

6 comments:

Terri said...

Wow, that sounds like a really wonderful day. You deserve it! Happy Birthday :)

Jenny said...

That's so, so sweet, Kelly!!! Happy 28th Birthday to you. :)

cassie said...

way to go david, best birthday idea ever:)! and happy birthday kel:)!

Stephanie said...

I'm so glad you can fully appreciate how blessed you are! good job david :)

Ginna said...

Happy birthday Kelly!!!

Kimberly said...

AHHHH, I want to hug and kiss that girl! She is too cute! Thanks for sharing all these great photos and descriptions.


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...