Tuesday, August 16, 2011

emotional roller coaster, no thanks.

I can't even decide where to start my sentences, how to start an email or keep my mind on one thought - I'm being so serious!  Things are scary, exciting, nerve-racking and emotional. Not the emotional you would think, like crying all the time or anything, just sensitive to each days events and anything that Norah does or changes we are about to embark on... it's a different kind of emotional.

I've considered Evelyn's next few weeks... and her foster parents... and ours as Blomgren's and how we finally get to meet our second daughter, who is currently a stranger to us.  I've been grieving for Evelyn's departure from her country, the foster family she loves and the language and smells she only knows. She'll be introduced to new people and faces, foods, smells, language and a massive time change to help with it all!  It's just going to be a very dramatic and hard change for her - no matter how we ease into the changes from our side.  We're praying for God's help and grace to love both girls during the changes and transitions about to happen.

Yesterday I repacked Evelyn's bag for our Korea trip for about the fourth time (I've had it packed since May I think)!  It was fun, and really nice to buys my hands with something that has to do with the actual trip to Korea.Everything else right now just seems hypothetical, like we might get the travel call on this day and if we do we'll leave at this point etc.

Today, as I start to pack my bag and choose which outfits to brings and what toiletries I can live without for a few days... I'm praying for anything my mind jumps from - this to that and back to this and over there again :) Praying out the details and wrestling with getting some sleep and trying to relax before becoming a mom of two girls under two!!!  Oh the level of anticipation is almost palpable. I love it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Kelly! You are all in our thoughts and daily prayers!
Dale & Lisa

the cuthberts said...

praying for you in this time of uncertainty! can't wait til you're home with your sweet evelyn...

Mattie said...

Praying for you as you prepare for the amazing journey you are about to take to Korea!!!

Anonymous said...

I can feel the energy and excitement through the computer! It's contagious! Okay, praying for all these things... and thankful you're letting us share in this!


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...